These awards would not be possible if it wasn’t my generations of loyal reader and I thank you all for the support.
• Society of Midland Authors Book Award, 1985, for Tracker
• Parents’ Choice Award, Parents’ Choice Foundation, 1985
• Newbery Honor Book citation, and Children’s Book of the Year Award 1986
• Child Study Association of America, 1986, all for Dogsong
• Newbery Honor Book citation, and Booklist Editor’s Choice citation, both 1988
• Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children’s Book Award, 1989, all for Hatchet
• Parenting magazine Reading-Magic Award, Teachers’ Choice Award from International Reading Association (IRA), and Best Books of the Year citation from Learning magazine, all 1990, all for The Voyage of the Frog
• Award, and Parenting Best Book of the Year citation, all 1990, all for The Winter Room
• Parents’ Choice Award, 1991, for The Boy Who Owned the School
• ALAN Award, 1991
• Booklist Editor’s Choice citation, Society of Midland Authors Book Award, and Spur Award from Western Writers of America, all 1991, all for Woodsong
• Spur Award, 1993, for The Haymeadow
• Booklist Books for Youth Top of the List citation, 1993, for Harris and Me
• Children’s Choice citations, IRA/Children’s Book Council, 1994, for Nightjohn and Dogteam
• Children’s Literature Award finalist, PEN Center USA West, 1994, for Sisters/Hermanas
• Margaret A. Edwards Award for lifetime achievement in writing for young adults, 1997.
Many of my books have been selected as American Library Association (ALA) best books for young adults, ALA notable children’s books, National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) notable books in the language arts, School Library Journal best Books of the year, Notable Children’s Books in the Social Studies, and New York Library Books for the Teen Age. In addition, several of my books have won or been nominated for state awards, including the Wisconsin Golden Archer Award, North Dakota Flicker Tale Children’s Book Award, Colorado Blue Spruce Young Adult Award, Maryland Black-eyed Susan Book Award, and Illinois Rebecca Caudill Young Readers Book Award.
If you would like to read more go to: Gary Paulsen (1939-) – Awards, Honors – Book, Books, Children, and Citation – JRank Articles http://biography.jrank.org/pages/1432/Paulsen-Gary-1939-Awards-Honors.html#ixzz2frsDpwMf